The Check_MK Agent Bakery now allows for automatically updating Check_MK Agents via HTTP/HTTPS. This is realized by a new agent plugin called cmk-update-agent, that is currently only available for Linux, but a Windows version will follow soon. The steps for setting up the automatic updates is:
1. Go to the new page for the Agent Deployment. You find a new button for this in the Agent Bakery page.
2. Fullfil all of the prerequisites that are shown on that new pages. This involves creating agents that contain the new plugin with a valid configuration and enabling the deployment.
3. Install the new prepared agents on the target hosts of your choice.
4. Call cmk-update-agent register on these systems in order to register the agents for updates.
5. Don't forget to enable the agent deployment's master switch!