1. Nagios services from BI aggregates
BI aggregates are no monitoring objects but BI solely happens in the graphical user interface. There are some situations - however - where your might want to have Nagios services corresponding to BI aggregates. This is needed when:
- you want to notify on BI state changes,
- you want to create availability reports on BI aggregates,
- you want to make BI states available via Livestatus
Check_MK ships a small Python script check_bi_local.py that accomplishes that. It creates one local check out of each BI aggregate. You find this in the doc/check_mk/treasures directory (OMD: ~/share/doc/check_mk/treasures).
- Install the Check_MK agent on localhost and add that host to your monitoring (the host name is not important).
- Create the directory /usr/lib/check_mk_agent/local
- Copy check_bi_local.py to /usr/lib/check_mk_agent/local
- Edit this file and adapt the URL prefix, user and password for Multisite.
- Make sure it is executable.
- Run inventory on the host that you've added in the first step.